Monday, May 21, 2012

Before you know it they are grown

Not a having and a resting, but a growing and becoming, is the character of perfection as culture conceives it.
                                                           - Matthew Arnold

Inseguire Lokasenna, 10 mo

With all the excitement surrounding the arrival of our Diva x Dempsey litter I have somehow missed my little "Loki" morphing from a rambunctious puppy to a lovely, outgoing, adult. Maybe it is because I see her every day and the change is so gradual, so subtle, that until you compare the images seen through the camera lens you do not notice how much she has changed. It was the success of her littermate, Strike-A-Pose "Snookie" who is owned by Denise DeCosta of Sea Dog Terriers, that inspired me to go out and take some updated pictures of her. Snookie was Puppy Conformation Champion this last weekend at a huge show in Connecticut while being handled by her favorite junior, Katya. After doing so well in the junior handler division Denise asked Katya if she wanted to show Snookie in her open conformation classes. Show her she did and the pair walked away with top honors beating some lovely lovely terriers in the process. I am so proud of Snookie and her connections and can not thank them enough for giving this beautiful terrier so many opportunities to shine! Our little Loki is slated to make her conformation ring debut in 2 weeks and I am beyond excited to introduce her to the show ring. She is a lovely terrier, inside and out, and I am very excited about our future together.

Inseguire Strike-A-Pose, 6 mo

I also managed to get a few updated pictures of Kiwi, a task I have been intending to complete for quite some time now. I am thrilled with the way she has developed and at 2.5 years is a solid, strong, terrier with a character and personality that can not be beat!

Inseguire Keepsake, 2.5 yrs

No comments:

Post a Comment